I’ve been nominated for one by the lovely Gray who can be found here: http://graycrochet.wordpress.com/
Her hat patterns are super amazing and easy to follow and I love her shawls and bracelets and….well, everything! I’m so happy that someone who’s work I admire would nominate me, so thank you!
The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look. My job is to list 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions Gray has set me, then to nominate 11 new bloggers, who should bask in the Liebster glow – which means doing the same as I am doing here! ie, post a blog linking back here, with 11 random facts about you, answer my 11 questions and nominate 11 new bloggers (and think of 11 questions to ask them – can be anything!). Off we go then…
11 Random Facts About Me
- My paternal Grandmother was once the Lord Mayoress of Middlesborough.
- My Father went to school with Chris Rea.
- I once sent Peter Tatchell a complimentary email and got a lovely reply saying that ‘normally I get death threats’
- I am a blue belt in Kung Fu. And I can’t remember any of it.
- Fallout 3 is may favourite game ever, closely followed by Skyrim.
- My Thai Green curry is great.
- My favourite artist is Goya and it is my ambition to go the the Museo Del Prado in Madrid to see the Black Paintings.
- I love football and I’m not ashamed.
- My Stepfather used to be a politician and had a running feud with Edwina Currie.
- I used to live in Holland and I still miss it.
- I say I hate pork – but I like it really.
Questions from Gray
- If you crochet, what is your favorite pattern to date? If you don’t, what is your favorite crafty thing that you or someone else has made? I know this is gross, but I absolutely love this crochet teratoma. Sorry.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? I love Thai Green Curry and Dan Dan Noodles. If my boyfriend lets me into the kitchen.
- Who is your favorite band/singer? I love David Bowie, Husker Du, Sleater Kinney, Chic, Neil Young and Sonic Youth.
- Glass half empty or half full? It depends what mood I am in.
- What is the main purpose of your blog? To show people what I have made, and if I can, include my patterns to help others.
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at? I love Cracked.com. It’s hilarious.
- Incense, candles, or room spray? And what flavor? Candles. I like Yankee Candles (Tropical Beach?)and Glade Candles.
- If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why? I would like to freeze time so that I would have more time to do things, and when I’d done everything, start it back up!
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why? John Locke to find out whether he really thought women could inherit property in the 1700s. Boring, huh? Failing that, Matisse, because he was a lovely man who donated a lot of his wealth to a poor church in France and made them a beautiful stained glass window before he died. Or Michael Jackson to tell him that he should have stopped everything after Thriller and taken a nice long holiday somewhere relaxing.
- What is your favorite animal? Not pet, but animal. I like pandas because I was told I looked like a panda. I must concede that after a heavy night out, I definitely resemble a panda.
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood? Visiting my cousin, who would paint my nails, give me her clothes and we would watch Dirty Dancing.
11 Blogs I Love!
Questions for Nominees
- What was the first thing you ever crocheted?
- What is your favourite type of food?
- Who is your favorite band/singer?
- Summer or Winter?
- What is the main purpose of your blog?
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at?
- Favourite smell?
- You have £100 to do with as you wish. What do you spend it on?
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why?
- What makes you laugh?
- What is your favorite memory?